Local business leaders hire a Nurse Charlotte Lillywhite and operate out of two rooms in the Goodale Boarding House. She saw 40 patients during the winter and 380 during the summer, necessitating a larger facility
July 3, 1909
Southampton Hospital Association is founded and the trustees purchase a house at the corner of Meeting House Lane and Lewis Street, the site of the current Stony Brook Southampton Hospital
February 22, 1913
SHA Board builds and opens a new hospital on the site of the previous facility.
A gift to SHA enables the purchase of the first ambulance
Deed to Agawam Hall is turned over to SHA to help underwrite a new hospital wing. SHA receives gift to purchase the property adjoining the Hospital and owned by Samual Parrish (today known as Parrish Hall and site of many hospital activities).
Construction on the East Wing completed
Major expansion planned
With the expansion plans completed, including a new wing, the hospital is stated to be “one of the most modern on Long Island.”
SHA oversaw further expansion of the hospital
SHA purchases the Todd Nursing home, which today houses a Walk-In Clinic and the Hospital Human Resources.